Yes - delicious beer bread made with scallions and cheese, baked on the BBQ!! Serve straight away whilst still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flours and salt together in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- 2Make a well in the centre, add the beer and milk and gradually mix together to make a soft dough.
- 3Turn out on to a clean surface and knead briefly until smooth. Shape into a 10in round and place in the centre of a large, double-thickness sheet of oiled extra-thick foil.
- 4Score the top of the bread in a criss-cross pattern and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of flour. Bring the edges of the foil together loosely to seal.
- 5Place the foil parcel on to the barbecue rack and cook over medium-hot coals for 10 minutes on each side.
- 6Open the foil parcel and fold back the edges. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with the cheese, spring onions and cayenne pepper and leave for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from the foil and serve cut into thick wedges.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.0
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 1924.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 30.9 g