Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe as a sample in a flyer I got to buy a cookbook. It's a great combination of flavors and is good served over rice. You can substitute margarine easily for the butter.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) canned peach halves, drained
- Shake chicken pieces in bag with flour and salt & pepper (to taste); brown in butter and oil.
- Place browned chicken in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine orange juice with vinegar, brown sugar, basil and nutmeg and pour over chicken.
- Cover (aluminum foil works great) and bake at 375 degrees F for 1.25 hours or until tender, but baste often.
- Then place peach halves between chicken pieces, baste well and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer.