Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is an adopted recipe for me, Jellyqueen, but I am leaving the original introduction for those who already have saved/reviewed this recipe. Hope everyone enjoys this!!! This was my first introduction to fresh salad dressing. I worked for a woman in Manhattan back in the 1980s who made this dressing in a jam jar. She would leave it on the kitchen counter -- we would finish it in about 3 days. It is just delicious and very easy to make. I serve it tossed with field greens or butter lettuce and fetta cheese, walnuts and kalamata olives.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a nice basic salad dressing using ingredients I normally have on hand. Everything except for the oil was placed in the blender and then the oil slowly drizzled in. The amount is dressing is perfect for a small family. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- No need to refrigerate the left over dressing; you can leave it on the counter for a couple of days, just shake and serve.
- Number of servings is relative - this usually is enough for two or three bowls of salad ~ or 3 dinners.