Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe in Georgia Living Magazine which I picked up at the Georgia Welcome Center. I made these and we all loved the light delicate texture and taste of these simple to make rolls. The name of the recipe creator is Barbara Whatley. Preparation time includes dough rising.
- In a mixer, cream sugar and shortening; add salt and hot water.
- Let mixture cool.
- Dissolve yeast in cold water and add to shortening mixture.
- Add flour and eggs, mix until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 2 inch squares and brush tops with melted butter.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake until browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Note: Dough can be made ahead as many as 3 days.