1 hr 12 mins
Sherri at the Beach's Note:
I found this recipe in Georgia Living Magazine which I picked up at the Georgia Welcome Center. I made these and we all loved the light delicate texture and taste of these simple to make rolls. The name of the recipe creator is Barbara Whatley. Preparation time includes dough rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer, cream sugar and shortening; add salt and hot water.
- 2Let mixture cool.
- 3Dissolve yeast in cold water and add to shortening mixture.
- 4Add flour and eggs, mix until incorporated.
- 5Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Cut into 2 inch squares and brush tops with melted butter.
- 7Let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 9Bake until browned, 10-12 minutes.
- 10Note: Dough can be made ahead as many as 3 days.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbara's Icebox Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 628.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g