Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Put the nuts onto a large baking sheet.
- Toast in a pre-heated 350~ oven until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the fresh rosemary leaves, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, coarse salt and the melted butter.
let's just say I went nuts about the nuts. These are positively addictive and I loved the addition of the rosemary. I subbed almonds for the pecans as I haven't seen pecans here in months. Delicious.
I used the nuts I had on hand, natural almonds, walnuts and pecans, but next time I will use the nuts indicated in the recipe. I think the spice mixture would adhere better to nuts which have some skin or grooves. I only used 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh rosemary, substituted ground chipotle powder for the cayenne, and 2 tsp of Splenda Brown Sugar blend for the regular brown sugar. Next time I will reduce the butter to 1 tbsp because I found them a tad greasy.