Balsamic Roasted Asparagus With Fleur De Sel and Parmesan
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1 lb thin asparagus spear
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt (fleur de sel is excellent here)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and break the tough ends off (no need to peel them in my opinion).
- Place the asparagus in a roasting pan and drizzle on the oil and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Shake the pan to coat the asparagus evenly with oil.
- Place in the oven and roast until asparagus is softened but retains a little crunch, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Watch it carefully!
- It's so sad to overcook it!
- Remove from oven, arrange on a serving platter and top with the balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel and freshly grated parmesan (no kraft please! Use the real stuff).
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!