Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe is the creation of Chef Nigel MacKenzie of the Hungry Monk Restaurant in the United Kingdom. It was the basis of a court case and printed in the London Times. It is important to use Condensed NOT Evaporated milk . SAFETY NOTE: It is very important to pierce the can before heating.
- 1 can condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bananas
- 1 pie shell, baked
- Pierce can of condensed milk.
- Boil for 5 hours in a water bath.
- Be careful not to allow pan to boil dry.
- Whip cream with sugar and half of the instant coffee.
- Peel and halve the bananas.
- Spread contents of condensed milk can in the pastry shell and lay the halved bananas on top.
- Spoon cream over and sprinkle with the remaining coffee powder.
- Chill and serve.
well i thought this was great!!!! I served it to my boyfriend and he loved it!! We both had seconds if you know what i mean!!!!Thanks alot!