Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a bit of an experiment this morning when I fancied something different for breakfast and didn't know what. It's just a bit of a twist on porridge really!
- 3⁄4 cup oats (the old fashioned scotts ones)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I use skim)
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche
- 1 banana (nice and ripe)
- 1 pinch salt
- Put the oats, milk and pinch of salt in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, stirring regularly, for approximately 5 minutes or until porridge is nice and thick.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana together with the dulce de leche.
- When the porridge is done, add in the banana and dulce de leche mixture and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.