Recipe by Madame_wilko
This is delicious and my mom makes it for every occasion and it is the first thing to completely go, i hope you enjoy this as much as my family does xx
- 100 g butter, melted
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 397 g carnation condensed milk
- 4 small bananas
- 284 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the base, process the biscuits until like fine crumbs then tip into a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½in) up the sides of the tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously to make the caramel. As soon as it thickens, remove from the heat. Spread the filling over the biscuit base, cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas; fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the toffee base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with the cocoa.
- 11/2 hours chilling time.