Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Bananas, caramel sauce and meringue... Mmm! This dessert recipe is adapted from Glorian ruoka&viini magazine. Freezing time for the parfait is not included in the time estimates.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200 ml sour cream
- 100 ml powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 75 ml sugar
Place on the bottom of the glasses
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- To make parfait: peel the 3 bananas and place them in a food processor with sour cream and powdered sugar. Process until smooth. Pour mixture into a freezer-proof dish, cover with clingfilm, and place in the freezer for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 C and switch the grill element on.
- Prepare the meringue: Whip egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff and dry. Gradually add sugar, beating the whole time. The meringue is ready when sugar has dissolved completely, stiff peaks form and the mixture is shiny.
- Peel and chop 2 bananas. Place them on the bottom of 4 oven-proof drinking glasses (or other small dishes) and drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with banana parfait and meringue.
- Place the glasses in the oven, as close to the grill element as possible. Leave the oven door open and bake until the meringue is lightly browned (a few minutes). Serve immediately.