Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A great summer dessert.
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 slices frozen pound cake, thawed
- Peel bananas and slice each banana into 8 pieces.
- Preheat a heavy 8-inch skillet on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, liqueur, juice, and butter.
- Cook about 1 minute or until butter is melted and sugar begins to dissolve.
- Add the bananas and cook about 4 minutes more or just until bananas are tender, stirring once. Stir in the nutmeg.
- Set skillet to the side of the grill rack.
- Add pound cake slices to grill rack; grill cake about 1 minute or until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking.