Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Fran Houston). This dish is delicious! Great for socials!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup banana liqueur
- 6 bananas, peeled and cut in half lenghtwise and halved crosswise
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place scooped ice cream in dessert bowls and place in a cool place until ready to serve.
- Melt the butter on the stove in a large skillet.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and banana liquer and stir to mix.
- Heat for a few minutes then place the halved bananas in the sauce and saute until soft and slightly browned.
- Pour the rum on top, but do not stir into the sauce.
- Allow it to heat well and then light the sauce with a long stemmed match.
- Allow the sauce to flame until it dies out.
- Lift and rotate the pan to prolong the flaming.
- Serve 4 pieces of the bananas over each serving of ice cream.
- Then spoon the hot sauce from the pan over the top.