Recipe by Mille®
Delicious, impressive, low sodium, low sugar, low cholesterol - what more could you want in a desert?
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons low-sodium margarine or 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sodium-free margarine
- 3⁄4 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium peaches or 1⁄2 medium nectarines, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick or 1⁄4 cup canned juice-pack sugar-free sliced peach, drained
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dark rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free frozen yogurt or 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 1⁄4 cups ice milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sugar melts.
- Add bananas, kiwifruit, and peach.
- Cook, stirring gently, for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Stir in rum.
- Cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute.
- Impress your guests.
- Light brandy with match, pour flaming brandy over fruit.
- Serve warm, topped with frozen yogurt.