Recipe by lazyme
A popular dish in the south, these are very easy, and a pretty dish from Guilt-Free Desserts cookbook. Kids love them.
Top Review by karen
Very easy, quick & yummy. I used Jamaican Dark Rum and ate the bananas plain...no need for ice cream, though I'm sure it would be great that way too! I expected the alcohol flavor to burn off a little more than it did, but maybe that's because I used the dark rum.
- 4 small bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 quart vanilla ice milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bananas in half crosswise, and then lengthwise. Toss with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in a large skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sugar melts. Add bananas; cook 2 minutes.
- Turn bananas, and cook an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and remove from heat. Heat rum in a small saucepan just until warm; remove from heat, and ignite. Pour over banana mixture and let flames die down. Serve immediately over ice milk.