Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Pillsbury Bake-Off winner. Cinnamon rolls are inspired by banana bread in this easy breakfast treat.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) canpillsbury grands cinnamon roll dough, with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- banana, slices if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, bananas and granulated sugar with wire whisk until well blended.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside.
- Cut each roll into 8 equal pie-shaped wedges.
- Gently stir dough pieces into egg mixture until well coated.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; spread evenly.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and brown sugar.
- With fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over dough mixture in dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is puffed and set and edges are deep golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix icing and syrup until blended.
- To serve, cut into squares; place on individual serving plates. Drizzle icing mixture over each serving; garnish with banana slices.