Top Review by Kate57
A different twist for a banana bread. Made as directed, except baked in my oven rather than the bread machine. Shared it with co-workers and I was asked to "make it again please". This is a great bread recipe - Thank-you!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground (optional)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted*
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at a 350 oven for 5 to 10 minutes or till light golden brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice so food doesn't burn.
- Add the ingredients to a bread machine according to manufacturer's directions, adding the banana with the milk.
- Bake the bread using regular or white setting (use the light color setting, if available).