Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my new favorite smoothie! The kids and I usually have a smoothie with lunch and this has been a hit for the past few weeks. I will say that it tastes different each time, probably depending on how ripe and sweet the peach is...and of course, how much sweetener is added! I find that the ripest (softest...without being bruised and damaged) peaches make the best tasting smoothies!!!
- 1 banana
- 1 peach, seed removed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener or 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon Agave or 1 tablespoon sugar
- water, to fill blender to 4 cups
- Add banana, peach (with or without skin -- lots of nutrients in the skin!), strawberries into the blender. Add milk, flaxseed and sweetener.
- Fill blender with water until the liquid level reaches 4 cups. Don't have markings -- add about 2 cups of water.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds, then blend on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy!
- Drink immediately!
- Makes 4 (8 ounce) glasses.