This is so yummy.... a great dessert to make in the summer, but it is great in any season. I have made this for company as an after dinner dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 bananas (yellow and ripe, but not brown)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, the cardboard paper box kind (very hard, NOT softened)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, frozen topping thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (icing)
- 1Prepare an 11" x 15" pan or a 13" x 9" pan.
- 2Reserve 1 cup cracker crumbs.
- 3Cover the bottom of the pan with the remaining 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs Slice the bananas crosswise, and layer evenly over the crumbs in the pan.
- 4Slice the ice cream into 1/2-inch thick slices, and place over the bananas.
- 5Sprinkle with nuts; freeze until very firm.
- 6In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup butter.
- 7Add in the powdered sugar and evaporated milk; cook this mixture, until combined and just heated (do not boil).
- 8Cool slightly; pour over the ice cream/bananas in the pan.
- 9Return to freezer, and freeze until very firm.
- 10Remove from the freezer, spread with thawed Cool Whip topping.
- 11Sprinkle with more cracker crumbs over top.
- 12Store in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Freezer Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.4
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g