Light & fluffy, fine-textured, and very moist. Very simple. You can sprinkle this with powdered sugar, if you like.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir into the wet mixture.
- Pour into a greased 15 X 10" jelly-roll pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15- 20 minutes or until done.
- Cut into squares.
This is more like a banana cake. Very good! Can't taste the sour cream at all. I added half of cup of walnuts. I baked it in a 9x13. Baked 35 min.
These are super moist and intensely banana-y, but mine were fairly dense and took more like 50 minutes to bake...Still, they were awesome and easy to put together.
Very easy, but really just like banana bread, only baked in a jelly roll pan. I expect a bar to be firm enough to eat out of hand.