- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bananas, ripe (not over-ripe)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray four 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray (or brush with melted butter). Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar to 1 of the ramekins and rotate it to coat with sugar. Tap the excess sugar into another ramekin and repeat until all the ramekins are coated with sugar.
- In a food processor, puree bananas with lime juice, egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of sugar until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a stainless steel or glass bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until firm and glossy.
- Using a rubber spatula, beat one-fourth of the beaten whites into the banana mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites. Pour soufflé mixture into prepared ramekins and tap them lightly on a countertop.
- Set ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and risen.
- Serve at once.