This is a recipe I adapted, when I wanted to get more fiber in our diet. You will be amazed at how light these crepes are! Nice breakfast change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon liquid vegetable oil
- 2 large firm bananas, diced
- 1 cup lite syrup or 1 cup butter-flavored light syrup
- 1 tablespoon Molly McButter or 1 tablespoon Butter Buds (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (or to taste)
- 1Combine flour, oat bran,salt, and baking powder.
- 2Combine milk, egg whites and oil, mixing well.
- 3Add to oat bran mixture.
- 4Mix welll.
- 5Heat a 6 to 7 inch crepe pan or skillet over medium high heat; lightly spray with cooking oil before making each crepe.
- 6Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot prepared pan; Immediately tilt pan to coat bottom evenly.
- 7Cook 1 to 1/2 minutes or until top looks dry.
- 8Turn cook an additional minute.
- 9Repeat until all crepes are done.
- 10Keep warm.
- 11Note: It is important that your crepe batter is runny, otherwise your crepes with be heavy and thick.
- 12Just add a little water to the batter as you are cooking them, as it tends to thicken.
- 13Filling: In a small saucepan, put bananas, syrup and butter flavoring.
- 14Heat on low heat until hot but not boiling, add rum extract.
- 15Place a tablespoon of filling in center of each crepe and roll up, then placing seam side down.
- 16Note: You may want to double the filling ingredients so that you can have extra to top the crepes with.
- 17This was designed as a low fat, low cal recipe so it doesn't have as much filling as you might prefer.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Rum Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 326.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: