24 hrs 15 mins
A wonderful moist banana cake, wonderful to serve to company. Great topped with custard cream of favorite icing.
My Private Note
9inch r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer.
- 4Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- 5Mix in the mashed bananas.
- 6Sift together the baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt.
- 7Add in half of the flour mixture to the batter; mix well.
- 8Add in the rum and buttermilk; mix thoroughly.
- 9Add in the remaining flour mixture; mix well to incorporate thoroughly.
- 10Fold in the chopped nuts.
- 11Transfer the batter to cake pan.
- 12Bake for 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
- 13Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- 14Finish cooling completely on a wire rack.
- 15Serve with custard cream on top or icing.
- 16Note: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips may be substituted for the nuts, or use both the nuts and the chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3681.2
- Calories from Fat 1537
- Total Fat 170.8 g
- Saturated Fat 93.4 g
- Cholesterol 740.4 mg
- Sodium 3442.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 482.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 247.7 g
- Protein 50.1 g