Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
WoW! The kids are really going to love this! Bananas, raisins and peanuts, all in the same breath! This bread is great for a quick bite to eat on the go! For the kids, an after school bite on the way to those very important games. The peanut part of the name is actually peanuts and peanut butter.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped, roasted
- Heat oven to 350 °.
- Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together butter, peanut butter, sugar and eggs; blend in bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture;stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in raisins and peanuts. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack, until cooled completely.
- This is awesome when served warm.