Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are great with maple syrup, honey, marmalade, or even cottage cheese! Packed with wholesome fruity flavor. Recipe is from Bon Appetit's February 2004 issue.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in another medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just until combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas, raisins, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Coat nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.