Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are great with maple syrup, honey, marmalade, or even cottage cheese! Packed with wholesome fruity flavor. Recipe is from Bon Appetit's February 2004 issue.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in another medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just until combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas, raisins, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Coat nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Really yummy! I cut the oats in half & used whole wheat flour. I also left out the raisins (don't like them). I upped the cinnamon to 1 tsp, added some Splenda & used applesauce for the butter. I used about 1/4 cup batter so I got about 15 out of this. Loved the healthy oats; thank you!