Recipe by A Messy Cook
These are great with maple syrup, honey, marmalade, or even cottage cheese! Packed with wholesome fruity flavor. Recipe is from Bon Appetit's February 2004 issue.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Really yummy! I cut the oats in half & used whole wheat flour. I also left out the raisins (don't like them). I upped the cinnamon to 1 tsp, added some Splenda & used applesauce for the butter. I used about 1/4 cup batter so I got about 15 out of this. Loved the healthy oats; thank you!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in another medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just until combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas, raisins, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Coat nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.