Banana, Raisin, and Oatmeal Pancakes
photo by girl6968
- Ready In:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- additional melted butter
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in another medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just until blended.
- Fold in mashed bananas, raisins, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Brush nonstick griddle or skillet with melted butter; heat over mediun heat.
- Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Turn pancakes over cook until bottoms are golden brown.
- about 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved these! I doubled the vanilla and cinnamon because I just really like them, and I don't like raisins so I used frozen blueberries instead, they were awesome, so tasty that they didn't really need a topping but we all found that they were awesome with peanut butter. I left the bananas in chunks that were quite large and we really liked it that way.
These were WONDERFUL. I made just a few changes to the recipe, using 1/2 c vanilla yogurt, and 1/2 c whole wheat flour with 1/2 c white flour. This seemed to keep them from being too mushy as others had described. Also, I put a few chocolate chips in each--SOOO YUMMY. This will definitely be a regular weekend breakfast for us!
Oh My Gosh!! How Good are these!! They are Perfectly Yummy!! Used organic fat free french vanilla yogurt, and oil instead of butter.Since the yogurt is sweetened i added just a couple small dashes of maple syrup into the batter instead of the brown sugar.Did not add raisins upon personal choice. Yum!! Yum!! The hint of banana flavor makes these so delish!! Served with boysenberry syrup and maple syrup together.In my opinion, this is the perfect pancake!!! Thanks a ton for sharing this fantastic recipe!!