Recipe by youngdovefarm
A muffin disguised as a cookie? Yes, this is a cookie that tastes just like a Banana Chocolate Chip muffin. These started out as mainly peanut butter cookies, but honestly I can't taste the peanut butter. So if you are looking for the strong flavor of peanut butter, this is probably not your recipe. But they do taste wonderful and this is a pretty healthy cookie too. Since I am on a very low sodium diet, I am trying to be creative.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I used half low fat and half all natural peanut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and flax seed in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together banana, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until a dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Place approximately 1 inch sized dough balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Use fork to press crisscross pattern onto each cookie.
- Bake in batches until edges are set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Use wire racks to cool cookies completely.