Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found half of a very ripe papaya in my fridge(from my mom-Rita), and decided to try something different with it!
- 1 (18 ounce) package banana cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup papaya, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Mix together all ingredients
- Feel free to add chopped pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips or raisins!
- Bake at 325 degrees F (Mini cupcakes: Approximately 12-15 minutes. Cupcakes: 23-26 minutes.).
- Ice with cream cheese icing.
Very, very nice ~ Loved the taste! And now I'm wondering how they'd taste if I diced a bit of dried/candied papaya & added that! Thanks for sharing your great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
YUMMY! I brought these to work for all the guys and they were gone in no time! Really easy recipe and delicious! thank you
This was surprisingly light and flavorful out of a box! I love it.