Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wayan was one of the chefs at our hotel in Bali. She was great at making these pancakes and happy to share the recipe.
- Mix together the flour, egg, milk and salt thoroughly but gently.
- Heat a crepe pan or shallow non-stick pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Slice one banana lengthways and place in the pan.
- Allow to cook and carameize (about 3 minutes).
- Pour over a quarter of your batter, tilting the pan to get good coverage over your banana slices.
- Cook the pancake over medium heat until holes appear and the top surface is dryish.
- Flip, or turn over with a spatula, and cook a couple of minutes more.
- Repeat 3 more times with remaining batter, butter and banans.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, sprinkled with sugar, and icecream if you wish.
It took me until the last pancake to get it right, but then again I always have trouble cooking pancakes :-)
I think my banana's may have been just a little to ripe because they broke up a bit, and I did have a lot of trouble turning them. Again probably my fault!
Apart from the pancakes being a little odd looking, we quite enjoyed these with ice cream.
Great recipe. Make sure the first side is well cooked before you flip, otherwise it becomes a real mess! I got it right by the last one. Very close to my breakfast memories of Bali.