Recipe by bethroan
Delicious banana bread with a touch of orange
Top Review by Boomette
The taste of banana is not very strong. But the taste of orange was very good. My bread turned out a little bit dry. I don't know why. Maybe another banana added to the mixture would have help. Thanks beth :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (I would have used fresh orange zest if I was doing this myself but I didn't want them zesting)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (would have zested here too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- To prepare bread:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixer bowl combine bananas, egg, butter, orange peel and juice. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- To prepare streusel:.
- Combine butter, sugar, flour and orange peel in mixing bowl. Mix until blended. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 32 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.