Recipe by Anne Sainz
These are a variation of the Yummy Banana Oat Bars on drfuhrman.com. I increased the banana and nuts and added a little apple cider vinegar to brighten the flavor. I love the mix of all the fruits and nuts in these. Just don’t tell anyone they are healthy!
- 2 cups dry oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil 9x9 glass pan using a paper towel.
- Mix oats, coconut, raisins, walnuts, flax seeds and cinnamon in medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. (I use an electric mixer.).
- Add chopped apple and dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Press into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. When cool, cut into 24 bars.