Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the book "Feed Your Family Right!" with the description: What a delicious way to incorporate healthful nuts and fiber-rich fruit into your diet! The whole wheat flour and wheat germ also provide additional fiber to help you meet your daily quota.
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bran flakes in a bowl, cover with the milk, and allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, raisins, walnuts, and wheat germ. Stir well.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly, break in the eggs, and stir to combine.
- Add the banana mixture and soaked bran flakes to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn onto cooling rack and let stand for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.