Chef #816341's Note:
This recipe comes from the book "Feed Your Family Right!" with the description: What a delicious way to incorporate healthful nuts and fiber-rich fruit into your diet! The whole wheat flour and wheat germ also provide additional fiber to help you meet your daily quota.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the bran flakes in a bowl, cover with the milk, and allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, raisins, walnuts, and wheat germ. Stir well.
- 4Mash the bananas thoroughly, break in the eggs, and stir to combine.
- 5Add the banana mixture and soaked bran flakes to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- 6Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Turn onto cooling rack and let stand for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- 8Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Loaf Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 180.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g