Kathy in Fla's Note:
Found online while searching for new canning recipes.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups bananas, mashed (buy about 10 fully ripe medium bananas)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Fruit-Fresh Produce Protector, protector (optional)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell, fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon margarine (optional)
- 4 cups granulated sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1MASH bananas thoroughly. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- 2Add lemon juice and fruit protector; stir until well blended.
- 3STIR in pectin.
- 4Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired.
- 5Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- 6ADD sugars; stir until well blended. Add walnuts and spices; mix well. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 9LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly.
- 10Process 10 minutes in a hot water bath or use the inversion method. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Bread Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 138.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g