Buttery Banana Nut Bread
photo by Laudee
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preaheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar in a mixer at medium speed until lightly fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, waiting a few moments after each addition to give time to blend.
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively to the mixer with some of the banana, allowing each to blend before adding some of the other.
- When all is mixed, fold in the chopped nuts.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan and add batter to it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until it tests clean with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Dust with confectioners sugar (if desired), or you may use your favorite glaze (optional).
- Store unused portions in refrigerator, wrapped in foil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
You know me as Sue L or Sue Lau. I write a food blog at palatablepastime.com which specializes in Midwestern, Amish, Southern, and Ethnic recipes. Most of which are my own recipes. There are a few there that aren't, but not many. And really, since the best of my recipes here are my recipes, it tells me you guys like me just a teensy bit. ;) I post all my latest stuff on my blog including new recipes, updates to older recipes and (hopefully) much better photos. So don't be shy in dropping by. If you like my stuff here you will LOVE my stuff there. Seriously.