Recipe by mary winecoff
What to do with those last two bananas? Make these quick and easy cookies! This uses a yellow cake mix as a base and adds lots of goodies on top. This recipe is from Camilla Saulsbury's book Cake Mix Cookies.
Top Review by Beelz's Cook
These were good but they put me thru the ringer. I had the crust in the pan and had mashed the bananas and opened the sweetened condense milk only to find the color a bit odd. Oh the 2007 date on the bottom might be the reason. Off to buy a new can. Got back finished up and on my way to the oven took one last look at the directions - didn't reserve the 1c. crumbs. It was all on the bottom. Anyway all that aside and my revisions it was still good. I used a chocolate cake mix, no nuts, used peanut butter/ chocolate swirl chips instead and egg beaters. Thanks for the recipe even thru all that it was good.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat cake mix, oil and egg until well blended and crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Firmly press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine condensed milk and mashed banana; pour evenly over crust.
- Top with butterscotch chips and coconut; press down firmly.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.