Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
What to do with those last two bananas? Make these quick and easy cookies! This uses a yellow cake mix as a base and adds lots of goodies on top. This recipe is from Camilla Saulsbury's book Cake Mix Cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat cake mix, oil and egg until well blended and crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Firmly press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine condensed milk and mashed banana; pour evenly over crust.
- Top with butterscotch chips and coconut; press down firmly.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
These were good but they put me thru the ringer. I had the crust in the pan and had mashed the bananas and opened the sweetened condense milk only to find the color a bit odd. Oh the 2007 date on the bottom might be the reason. Off to buy a new can. Got back finished up and on my way to the oven took one last look at the directions - didn't reserve the 1c. crumbs. It was all on the bottom. Anyway all that aside and my revisions it was still good. I used a chocolate cake mix, no nuts, used peanut butter/ chocolate swirl chips instead and egg beaters. Thanks for the recipe even thru all that it was good.
wow these are super moist extremely delicious and very rich, I made for my DS and his GF they thoroughly enjoyed the bars, thanks mary!
Major Yum! Sinfully delicious. This was EXACTLY the recipe I'd lost & had been looking for. My husband is a Mason, all of the brother Masons devoured these on sight. I made these at 5:30 a.m., before having coffee, & forgot to add coconut & chips--still perfect! Had to bake for about 50 minutes (glass dish, 325 degrees).