Recipe by Bergy
This is a great "do most of the work ahead of time" recipe. I like to have crepes ready in the freezer for a quick tea time sweet or after Dinner dessert.The combination of ginger, banana & yogurt will keep your guests guessing. The vanilla is optional or you may like some cinnamon in the filling.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Good, unique tasting dessert. While the crepes themselves were excellent, the filling was a bit too tangy and I really felt the crystallized ginger overwhelmed the flavor(and I usually love this ingredient). I also thought the filling could have been much sweeter and also found it a bit runny. I'm sorry - I thought the ingredients sounded like a very tasty combination, but this just didn't work out for me.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 quart plain yogurt (you may use low fat but no fat is too runny)
- 4 bananas, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted & chopped
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crepes: In your blender or food processor beat the eggs until creamy.
- Add sugar; beat.
- Add milk; beat.
- Slowly add flour and beat until very smooth.
- Wipe a non stick 12-inch skillet with a bit of butter or margarine.
- Pour in enough batter to form a thin layer, tilt the pan to spread it evenly over the bottom.
- Your layer should not be thicker than an 1/8-inch.
- Cook over medium heat, when the bottom is golden flip and cook for another minute Place on a place (light side up) and cover with a piece of wax paper.
- Continue to cook all the crepes.
- Cover the crepes with plastic wrap.
- You may now freeze them for later use or have them ready for the last minute filling and serving.
- Filling: Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Place a crepe on a serving plate (light side up) and spoon on a generous amount of the filling (about 1/4 cup it's up to you).
- Flip up the bottom of the crepe and fold in the sides.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and if you wish add a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. Allow 2 crepes per serving.