Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh my goodness, this gets me hankerin' for some sweet dessert! You can add chocolate(I personally like dark chocolate) or/and crystallized ginger, both sound amazing! I have not made this yet, putting it here for safekeeping. Adapted from Friedas.
- 4 large bananas
- 8 egg roll wraps (1/2 of a 16-oz pkg.)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 2 squares-2 oz. chopped) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Peel the bananas and quarter lengthwise.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface with the point facing you. Arrange 2 of the banana quarters on center of wrapper. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon chocolate and/or crystallized ginger. Fold and seal as directed on egg roll package.
- In a deep skillet, pour the oil 2 inches deep.
- Heat to 365°F Deep-fry one at a time, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till very golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels; keep warm in a 250*F oven till all are fried.
- Serve warm with custard sauce. Enjoy!
We did not use the chocolate or crystalized ginger for these, and they were very good. The custard sauce was simply awesome. Lots of possibilities for that alone. I would not use egg roll wraps next time. We're thinking pastry dough, and baked. Thanks for sharing Sharon.