Oh my goodness, this gets me hankerin' for some sweet dessert! You can add chocolate(I personally like dark chocolate) or/and crystallized ginger, both sound amazing! I have not made this yet, putting it here for safekeeping. Adapted from Friedas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large bananas
- 8 egg roll wraps (1/2 of a 16-oz pkg.)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 2 squares-2 oz. chopped) (optional)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 1Peel the bananas and quarter lengthwise.
- 2Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface with the point facing you. Arrange 2 of the banana quarters on center of wrapper. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon chocolate and/or crystallized ginger. Fold and seal as directed on egg roll package.
- 3In a deep skillet, pour the oil 2 inches deep.
- 4Heat to 365°F Deep-fry one at a time, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till very golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels; keep warm in a 250*F oven till all are fried.
- 6Serve warm with custard sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Egg Rolls With Custard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 258.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g