Banana Egg Rolls With Custard Sauce
- 4 large bananas
- 8 egg roll wraps (1/2 of a 16-oz pkg.)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 2 squares-2 oz. chopped) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Peel the bananas and quarter lengthwise.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface with the point facing you. Arrange 2 of the banana quarters on center of wrapper. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon chocolate and/or crystallized ginger. Fold and seal as directed on egg roll package.
- In a deep skillet, pour the oil 2 inches deep.
- Heat to 365°F Deep-fry one at a time, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till very golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels; keep warm in a 250*F oven till all are fried.
- Serve warm with custard sauce. Enjoy!