Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From the blog fatfreevegan. These are tasty treats that are vegan and low in fat. We loved 'em.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Wonderful and kinda healthy! I've never baked with dates before, but had a box in my pantry and thought I'd give this a try. I'll definitely make this again. There's nothing I'd change or tweek, it's perfect as is.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup natural applesauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with wax paper muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with the sugar, soymilk, apple sauce, and agave nectar.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add in the dates and walnuts, and pour into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.