Recipe by Courtly
From Pillsbury Bake-off 1973 grand prize winner. Sounds good to me!
Top Review by mom_of_4
Fabulous!!! This was a great cake!! A nice way to use up some bananas!! I actually made a glaze using 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, some milk and a little coconut extract and drizzled it over the cake. My kids can't eat a cake without frosting on it!! I have made this 3 times and will make it many more times!!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan. In medium bowl, combine flour, coconut, rolled oats, brown sugar and pecans; mix well. Using fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine bananas, sour cream and eggs; blend until smooth. Add cake mix; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in greased and floured pan; sprinkle with 1/3 of coconut mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times using remaining batter and coconut mixture, ending with coconut mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Place on serving plate, coconut side up. Cool completely.