Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is a recipe from a recent Pillsbury Bakeoff. The banana pudding used in this recipe is not an instant type. It is just like the containers kids take in their lunch. The computer here only comes up with instant in it.
- 1 (4 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (4 rolls)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 6 ounces minus 1 tbls low-fat banana cream yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 3 1⁄2 ounces banana instant pudding (snack size)
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- whipped cream (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough, separate into 4 triangles.
- Place on cookie sheet making 2 kite shapes by placing longest sides of 2 dough triangles together and pressing edeges to seal. You wil now have 2 kites.
- In small bowl, mix walnuts and granulated sugar. Lightly brush dough with milk, then sprinkle each dough kite evenly with walnut mixture.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- In another small bowl, mix yogurt, Amaretto, and pudding until well blended. Stir in bananas.
- Remove pastries from oven. Immediately turn pastries over with spatula. Gently fold each half along sealed seam with walnut mixture side out. Remove from sheet carefully and place on wire rack. Cool completely.
- To serve: Place pastries on individual plates, fill each with about 3/4 cup of yogurt mixture. Garnish with a dollop of cream and powdered sugar.