Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 1⁄4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or use paper baking cups. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, beat egg, milk and oil with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Beat in bananas. Stir in crushed cereal; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cranberries until blended. Stir in cranberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
very yummy. i used 1/2 whole wheat flour and they were very filling. Not too sweet. A great breakfast item with coffee. I doubled the recipe so I could freeze the muffins for quick breakfasts.thanks.