Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my own creation. I took everything I liked and combined it into a bar that was simple to make. You can use your choice of cookie crumbs or chocolate chips and still end up with a good tasting cookie bar. With 5 growing boys in the house this treat does not last!!!!!! So go ahead, use your imagination, more coconut, less coconut,butterscotch chips - The choice is yours!!!!
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 3 cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bananas, sliced (not overly ripe)
- 1⁄2-1 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease 13 by 9" pan Mix cookie crumbs,butter and sugar until thoroughly blended& reserve 1/3 of mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle cookie base with chocolate chips and return pan to oven until chocolate chips are shiny, spread evenly and set aside.
- In medium saucepan combine condensed milk, banana, coconut and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Spread over cookie crumb base in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved cookie crumb mixture over filling.
- Return to oven for 8-10 minutes until topping is slightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into bars.
very quick & delicious. We used chocolate cookies & dark chocolate chips.