1 hr 20 mins
If you like bananas, coconut, and rum, then this is a dessert for you. A good way to use up ripe bananas. Instead of the sauce, serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, cut into big cubes,toasted (approx, 6 cups)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, eggs, bananas, cinnamon, condensed milk, coconut, butter, vanilla and salt.
- 3Stir well to combine.
- 4Leave sit for 15 minutes.
- 5Pour mixture into greased 9x9 inch pan.
- 6Sprinkle nuts evenly over top.
- 7Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in centre tests clean.
- 8For sauce: Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour.
- 9Add brown sugar, cream and milk.
- 10Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- 12Serve warm with pudding.
- 13If sauce becomes too thick, thin with a small amount of milk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Coconut Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.4 mg
- Sodium 350.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g