Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This pie is a perfect blending of fresh bananas and rich chocolate. It's so easy to prepare and you'll enjoy serving it again and again.
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas
- 1 (6 ounce) package whipping cream, whipped with
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake piecrust according to directions on package and set aside to cool.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in 2 quarts saucepan.
- Stir in water and cook stirring constantly over medium heat until bubbly.
- Our in evaporated milk and stir to blend.
- Spoon a little from the mixture into beaten egg yolks and return to into saucepan.
- Cook until bubbly and thickens, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Let stand 20 minutes or until it cools slightly.
- Pour cocoa mixture into prepared piecrust.
- Slice bananas directly onto custard.
- Pour remaining half of custard.
- Let cool completely and chill.
- When ready to serve, top with the cream whipped with confectioners sugar.