Recipe by LizCl
A crunchy banana bread taste in this cookie. Very good and easy to make. The kitchen smells great while baking.
Top Review by Anemone
Yum Yum. Hubby was sneaking bites before they were done. The dough is VERY sticky! I didn't know if I should knead much flour in, so kinda flopped the loaves on the cookie sheets. I didn't make them as crunchy as regular biscotti (preference), and also skipped the nuts (allergies)... but this will certainly be a banana-user-upper often in our house! Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour banana mixture into dry mixture along with nuts and chocolate chips, stir together.
- Flour a working area and turn dough out onto it. Flour hands as dough is sticky. Form two 7 inch loaves about 2 inches wide.
- Put loaves on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn temperature down to 250 degrees.
- Remove loaves from cookie sheet and let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut loaves into 3/4 inch slices, return slices to cookie sheet.
- Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.