Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this for my vegetarian daughter. The whole family loves it. I don't usually add sugar, unless we have company because my family is used to low sugar treats. As a special treat sprinkle some semi sweet chocolate chips on top before you bake!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour loaf pan.
- Rinse chickpeas.
- Use blender to mush chickpeas with the yogurt.
- Add bananas and continue to blend till smooth, thick consistency
- Scrape sides and check for large pieces of chickpeas -- if you find them keep blending.
- In one bowl, combine chickpea mixture with all other ingredients.
- Stir together.
- Put in loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour, until toothpick comes out clean.