Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this bread for years - my kids' teachers always ask for the recipe!
Make and share this Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom only of loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together sugar, bananas, butter and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
We like trying new recipes for traditional things. This one just got cool enough to eat. My husband wanted me to tell you that this is the best banana bread recipe EVER. Very good and this one is going in the arsenal.
I'm so upset ... I wanted to give this 10 stars, but the zaar didn't allow it ... this is by far the most delicious Banana Bread I have ever tasted ... it is especially delicious with the addition of cranberries. Highly recommended. (Love ya, Mom!)