Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe for Banana bread from a coworker. I can't cook but even I don't screw this one up. I love it :-)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (Blue Bonnet Margarine)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 or 3)
- Beat shortening until creamy.
- Add sugar and eggs until pale lemon in color.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with bananas.
- Blend them roughly.
- Grease bottom only of a leaf pan.
- Turn batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- Let bread cool in pan 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn on rack.