Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mom's Banana Bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (appx 3)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well in between.
- Add bananas, vanilla and nuts mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and sour cream alternating - end with dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- For 12 muffins prepare as above. Pour into 12 muffin liners and bake 17-21 minutes @ 350.