Recipe by Lori Bailey
I have been searching for a banana bread recipe that resembled my mom's recipe which I lost and this is the closest I have ever come so far it is so good, I got this from another website.
Top Review by Polly_Waffle_Kid
FANTASTIC RECIPE!!!! I had everything in the pantry except for the nuts, so i didnt use any. But it was still magnificent!! The only thing I will do different next time is add more banana. But other than that..it was great. Another recipe to add to my favourites :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl mash bananas and add eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of nuts if desired.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 loaf pans. Pour mixture into pans bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Note: I usually use small loaf pans which makes 8 small loafs and I cook them for 35 minutes.